Subject: My brand new vivo V25 Pro 5G Android mobile phone is running on Linux kernel 4.19.191+

Good day from Singapore,

I have just bought vivo V25 Pro 5G (12 GB + 256 GB) Starlight Black Android Mobile Phone for SGD$600 on 15 Sep 2023 Friday.

My brand new vivo V25 Pro 5G Android mobile phone is running on Linux kernel 4.19.191+. Are there any severe/critical security vulnerabilities in Linux kernel 4.19.191+ that will allow government-sponsored or state-backed hackers or Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) to take over absolute control of my brand new vivo mobile phone? Can I download, compile and install the latest Linux kernel 6.5.4 from sources on my brand new vivo mobile phone by myself? I would like to know how I can do it.

Details are as follows.

Retail Shop: @ Ang Mo Kio Central
Purchase Time: Around 7 PM in the evening, PayNow record of SGD$600 shows 7.13 PM Singapore Time

Model: V2158
RAM: 12 GB
ROM: 256 GB
Color: Starlight Black
Checker: *****406
Manufacturing Date?: 2022.09.28

Funtouch OS 13

Processor:
Mediatek
3.0 GHz
Dimensity 1300
Octa-core

RAM:
12.00+8.00 GB

Android version:
13

Phone storage:
256 GB

Status
======

IMEI (sim slot 1)
868*********994

IMEI (sim slot 2)
868*********986

IMEI SV
34

MEID:
**********4AF0

Serial Number: 10A*********12Z

Other number: 6 93**** ***973

Software information
====================

OS version
Funtouch OS 13 Global

Hardware version
MP_0.1

Build number
PD2204BF_EX_A_13.1.13.12.W20

Baseband version
MOLY.NR15.R3.TC19.PR4.SP.V1.P74

LINUX Kernel version
4.19.191+
#1 Mon Jul 17 17:58:52 CST 2023

Compile time
Jul 17, 2023 17:29:43

Android security update
July 1, 2023

Google Play system update
July 1, 2022

Phone/device price: one time payment of SGD$600 (I had thought of paying using Atome 3 monthly installments of SGD$216 but decided against it eventually)
Other items: Screen Protective Membrane $20 + camera lens protective cover $10 + shock resistant phone cover $20: SGD$50
Grand Total: SGD$650

Full phone specifications - vivo V25 Pro 5G: https://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_v25_pro-11771.php

I have decided to buy this vivo mobile phone because my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G mobile phone SGD$338 has now become extremely slow in performance and lags like hell. Maybe too many apps were installed.
Opening and using apps is now a slow and painful experience. The phone camera is even worse. Taking a photo or selfie takes 2-3 seconds. If you move the phone by a bit before the 3 seconds is up, your photo or selfie will turn out very blur. So you need to set a timer of 2 seconds when you take a selfie or photo. Taking videos with the phone camera is also very laggy and choppy. The recorded video will turn out to be choppy.

I had bought the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G mobile phone SGD$338 on 6 Oct 2021. I have used the Samsung mobile phone for 1 year 11 months 10 days [ALMOST 2 YEARS] (as of 16 Sep 2023 Sat) and it is getting slower and slower by the day. Maybe the Singapore Government had planted a spyware and/or rootkit on my Samsung mobile phone.

I need to ask manufacturer Samsung why my Samsung mobile phone is getting so slow and laggy. Is it because it is too cheap and too low end??

I certainly hope my brand new vivo mobile phone is a good purchase and it will last me for another 5-6 years without getting slow and laggy.

My bank balance as of 22 Sep 2023 Friday is SGD$3,592. I am 45 years old. That is all and everything I have, besides a HDB 2-room RENTAL flat under the Public Rental Housing Scheme meant for the EXTREMELY POOR in Singapore.

The Michael Kors private event at Mandarin Gallery Orchard Singapore on 21 Sep 2023 Thursday at 7.30 PM Singapore Time is the very 1st event where I have taken lots of selfies and lots of Full HD videos with this brand new vivo mobile phone. I must say taking selfies with the front camera is very fast. I am able to take 3-4 selfies in quick succession. There is no lag at all. Female celebrities who grace this event are XinLin Khaw, He Ying Ying, and Hazelle Teo to name a few.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
GIMP also stands for Government-Induced Medical Problems.

Bachelor of Engineering (2nd Class Lower Honors) degree in Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Specialization, National University of Singapore (Graduated December 2006)
Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering, Singapore Polytechnic (Graduated 1998)
Diploma in Computer Networking, Singapore Polytechnic (Graduated 2017)
Studied CCNA and CISSP 5-day boot camps at NTUC Learning Hub in Singapore
GCE "O" Level Top Student Year 1994, Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School, Singapore
I have setup, configured and deployed 22 Fortigate firewalls for 20 companies/organizations in Singapore so far (as of 22 Sep 2023 Fri)
EOF

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

2023-09-22 02:14:54

by Bagas Sanjaya

[trimming personal and obvious *political* info]

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 04:20:06PM +0000, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> My brand new vivo V25 Pro 5G Android mobile phone is running on Linux kernel 4.19.191+. Are there any severe/critical security vulnerabilities in Linux kernel 4.19.191+ that will allow government-sponsored or state-backed hackers or Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) to take over absolute control of my brand new vivo mobile phone? Can I download, compile and install the latest Linux kernel 6.5.4 from sources on my brand new vivo mobile phone by myself? I would like to know how I can do it.

There are Android Security Bulletin listings on [1], with vivo-specific
bulletins can be found at [2].

For building kernels, you can follow official Android guide [3]. Or
you can also visit XDA forums [4] where people posted their own custom
kernels. But usually your vendor (vivo) takes care of kernel updates
anyway.

> I have decided to buy this vivo mobile phone because my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G mobile phone has now become extremely slow in performance and lags like hell. Maybe too many apps were installed.

What are these apps besides built-in ones?

> Opening and using apps is now a slow and painful experience. The phone camera is even worse. Taking a photo or selfie takes 2-3 seconds. If you move the phone by a bit before the 3 seconds is up, your photo or selfie will turn out very blur. So you need to set a timer of 2 seconds when you take a selfie or photo. Taking videos with the phone camera is also very laggy and choppy. The recorded video will turn out to be choppy.

What is your Samsung phone specification then?

Thanks.

[1]: https://source.android.com/docs/security/bulletin/asb-overview
[2]: https://www.vivo.com/en/security
[3]: https://source.android.com/docs/setup/build/building-kernels
[4]: https://forum.xda-developers.com

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.94 kB)
signature.asc (235.00 B)

by Bagas Sanjaya

On 27/09/2023 22:40, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:

> Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

When replying to public mailing lists (like LKML), use Reply-all
button on your mail client. And also, don't top post; reply inline
with appropriate context instead.

See also Documentation/process/email-clients.rst for why you should
not use Proton Mail (spoiler: encrypted mail lock-in).

Good luck hacking Android kernel for your phone!

>>> Opening and using apps is now a slow and painful experience. The phone camera is even worse. Taking a photo or selfie takes 2-3 seconds. If you move the phone by a bit before the 3 seconds is up, your photo or selfie will turn out very blur. So you need to set a timer of 2 seconds when you take a selfie or photo. Taking videos with the phone camera is also very laggy and choppy. The recorded video will turn out to be choppy.
>>

>> What is your Samsung phone specification then?
>
> My Samsung phone is the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G. The specs can be found on gsmarena.com.

Link please?

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Friday, September 22nd, 2023 at 8:51 AM, Bagas Sanjaya <[email protected]> wrote:

> [trimming personal and obvious political info]
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 04:20:06PM +0000, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>
> > My brand new vivo V25 Pro 5G Android mobile phone is running on Linux kernel 4.19.191+. Are there any severe/critical security vulnerabilities in Linux kernel 4.19.191+ that will allow government-sponsored or state-backed hackers or Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) to take over absolute control of my brand new vivo mobile phone? Can I download, compile and install the latest Linux kernel 6.5.4 from sources on my brand new vivo mobile phone by myself? I would like to know how I can do it.
>

> There are Android Security Bulletin listings on [1], with vivo-specific
> bulletins can be found at [2].
>
> For building kernels, you can follow official Android guide [3]. Or
> you can also visit XDA forums [4] where people posted their own custom
> kernels. But usually your vendor (vivo) takes care of kernel updates
> anyway.

So if I want to build the latest Linux kernel 6.5.4 for my vivo V25 Pro 5G mobile phone, I can follow the guides at link [3] and link [4].

> > I have decided to buy this vivo mobile phone because my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G mobile phone has now become extremely slow in performance and lags like hell. Maybe too many apps were installed.
>

> What are these apps besides built-in ones?

Besides the built-in apps, all the other apps come from Google Play Store. There is one exception though. The Douyin app was installed through an APK file and it does not come from Google Play Store.

> > Opening and using apps is now a slow and painful experience. The phone camera is even worse. Taking a photo or selfie takes 2-3 seconds. If you move the phone by a bit before the 3 seconds is up, your photo or selfie will turn out very blur. So you need to set a timer of 2 seconds when you take a selfie or photo. Taking videos with the phone camera is also very laggy and choppy. The recorded video will turn out to be choppy.
>

> What is your Samsung phone specification then?

My Samsung phone is the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G. The specs can be found on gsmarena.com.

> Thanks.
>
> [1]: https://source.android.com/docs/security/bulletin/asb-overview
> [2]: https://www.vivo.com/en/security
> [3]: https://source.android.com/docs/setup/build/building-kernels
> [4]: https://forum.xda-developers.com

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore

2023-09-28 19:28:20

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> Subject: My brand new vivo V25 Pro 5G Android mobile phone is running on Linux kernel 4.19.191+
>
> Good day from Singapore,
>
> I have just bought vivo V25 Pro 5G (12 GB + 256 GB) Starlight Black Android Mobile Phone for SGD$600 on 15 Sep 2023 Friday.
>
> My brand new vivo V25 Pro 5G Android mobile phone is running on
> Linux kernel 4.19.191+.

And what do you expect?

If you want to run recent mainline kernel, best option is a
PinePhone. See

https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Devices

for other options.

Best regards,
Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Attachments:
(No filename) (644.00 B)
signature.asc (201.00 B)
Download all attachments