2023-10-11 05:21:16

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: duplicate patch in the sysctl tree

Hi all,

The following commit is also in the block tree as a different commit
(but the same patch):

80f3c6cfab37 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")

This is commit

114b0ff62a65 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")

in the block tree.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2023-10-11 08:31:40

by Joel Granados

Subject: Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the sysctl tree

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 04:20:50PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following commit is also in the block tree as a different commit
> (but the same patch):
>
> 80f3c6cfab37 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")
>
> This is commit
>
> 114b0ff62a65 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")
>
> in the block tree.
Is this a warning on the merge? or did it actually error out? if it is a
wraning and one of the two was skipped, it can be safely ignored as they
are the same. I can also remove that commit from my set and send another
version. @luis: How do you want to handle it?

--

Joel Granados

Attachments:
(No filename) (708.00 B)
signature.asc (673.00 B)

by Luis Chamberlain

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 10:36:12AM +0200, Joel Granados wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 04:20:50PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The following commit is also in the block tree as a different commit
> > (but the same patch):
> >
> > 80f3c6cfab37 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")
> >
> > This is commit
> >
> > 114b0ff62a65 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")
> >
> > in the block tree.
> Is this a warning on the merge? or did it actually error out? if it is a
> wraning and one of the two was skipped, it can be safely ignored as they
> are the same. I can also remove that commit from my set and send another
> version. @luis: How do you want to handle it?

I just removed the cdrom patch from my tree.

Luis

2023-10-12 10:09:44

by Joel Granados

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 12:16:49PM -0700, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 10:36:12AM +0200, Joel Granados wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 04:20:50PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > The following commit is also in the block tree as a different commit
> > > (but the same patch):
> > >
> > > 80f3c6cfab37 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")
> > >
> > > This is commit
> > >
> > > 114b0ff62a65 ("cdrom: Remove now superfluous sentinel element from ctl_table array")
> > >
> > > in the block tree.
> > Is this a warning on the merge? or did it actually error out? if it is a
> > wraning and one of the two was skipped, it can be safely ignored as they
> > are the same. I can also remove that commit from my set and send another
> > version. @luis: How do you want to handle it?
>
> I just removed the cdrom patch from my tree.
perfect thx.

--

Joel Granados

Attachments: