2024-01-01 19:07:58

by Luis Muñoz Fuente

Subject: I can't activate term(e) and kill(i) magic SysRq key

Hello:
I try to activate all magic SysRq key options according to:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/sysrq.html
but I can't activate term(e) and kill(i) option, is this option
disabled? Thank you

2024-01-02 20:54:12

by Christian Kujau

Subject: Re: I can't activate term(e) and kill(i) magic SysRq key

On Mon, 1 Jan 2024, Luis Muñoz Fuente wrote:
> I try to activate all magic SysRq key options according to:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/sysrq.html
> but I can't activate term(e) and kill(i) option, is this option
> disabled?

Maybe. Some distributions choose to disable certain sysrq functions. See
the page you cited, on the very top: what does "sysctl kernel.sysrq" say?
If it's anything but "1", certain or all sysrq functions are disabled.

HTH,
C.
--
BOFH excuse #264:

Your modem doesn't speak English.

2024-01-03 08:51:15

by Luis Muñoz Fuente

El 2/1/24 a las 21:45, Christian Kujau escribió:
> Maybe. Some distributions choose to disable certain sysrq functions. See
> the page you cited, on the very top: what does "sysctl kernel.sysrq" say?
> If it's anything but "1", certain or all sysrq functions are disabled.

Hello:
I had gotten involved. I was looking at the option the kernel was
compiled with by default:
grep -i CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ /boot/my_kernel
instead of looking at what option I had chosen:
cat /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
Thank you

2024-01-17 09:06:19

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> I try to activate all magic SysRq key options according to:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/sysrq.html
> but I can't activate term(e) and kill(i) option, is this option
> disabled? Thank you

Some keyboards can't handle required combinations.

Best regards,
Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Attachments:
(No filename) (383.00 B)
signature.asc (201.00 B)
Download all attachments