2024-03-18 21:25:29

by David Teigland

Subject: [GIT PULL v2] dlm fixes for 6.9

Hi Linus,

Please pull dlm fixes from tag:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/teigland/linux-dlm.git dlm-6.9

(For v2 I recreated the tag with the same name as before, but now realize
I probably should have left it and used a new tag name.)

I dropped the commit with the bad atomic usage, and replaced it with two
other commits: the first reverts the unnecessary change that began using
atomic_t for lkb_wait_count, and the second adds comments to the recovery
code that forcibly resets the wait_count state.

Thanks,
Dave

Alexander Aring (1):
dlm: fix user space lkb refcounting

David Teigland (2):
dlm: revert atomic_t lkb_wait_count
dlm: add comments about forced waiters reset

fs/dlm/dlm_internal.h | 2 +-
fs/dlm/lock.c | 114 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
fs/dlm/user.c | 10 ++---

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL v2] dlm fixes for 6.9

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 at 14:25, David Teigland <[email protected]> wrote:

> I dropped the commit with the bad atomic usage, and replaced it with two
> other commits: the first reverts the unnecessary change that began using
> atomic_t for lkb_wait_count, and the second adds comments to the recovery
> code that forcibly resets the wait_count state.

Ok, the diff certainly looks saner. I didn't look at the code outside
the context of the diff, so that's literally just going by the patches
themselves, but I appreciate the comment ("The wait_count will almost
always be 1, but in case of an overlapping unlock/cancel it could be
2: see ..") and yes, it just makes the old atomic thing sound even
odder.

Thanks,

Linus

2024-03-18 22:48:20

by pr-tracker-bot

The pull request you sent on Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:25:07 -0500:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/teigland/linux-dlm.git dlm-6.9

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/b3603fcb79b1036acae10602bffc4855a4b9af80

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.