2022-03-26 10:14:47

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Unsigned emails from Intel robot was Re: [linux-next:master 9122/14381] drivers/leds/leds-pca955x.c:149:19: warning: unused function 'pca95xx_num_led_regs'

Hey robot!

> FYI, the error/warning still remains.

Could you please sign emails with real name of person responsible for
this? Was there human writing this?

> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
> Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email protected]>

I'd preffer to credit human if human was involved.

> >> drivers/leds/leds-pca955x.c:149:19: warning: unused function 'pca95xx_num_led_regs'
> static inline int pca95xx_num_led_regs(int bits)
> ^
> fatal error: error in backend: Nested variants found in inline asm string: ' .set push
> .set mips64r2

This sounds like an compiler problem, not a kernel problem, right?

Best regards,
Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

Attachments:
(No filename) (778.00 B)
signature.asc (188.00 B)
Digital signature

by Chen, Rong A

On 3/26/2022 5:25 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hey robot!
>
>> FYI, the error/warning still remains.
>
> Could you please sign emails with real name of person responsible for
> this? Was there human writing this?

Hi Pavel,

The report was generated automatically, we continue to optimize the bot
to output the right result.

>> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
>> Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email protected]>
>
> I'd preffer to credit human if human was involved.

>> static inline int pca95xx_num_led_regs(int bits)
>> ^
>> fatal error: error in backend: Nested variants found in inline asm string: ' .set push
>> .set mips64r2
>
> This sounds like an compiler problem, not a kernel problem, right?

Yes, it's not related to your commit, sorry for the inconvenience,
we'll take a look at it to avoid false positive next time.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen