2007-02-23 02:47:05

by Dong Feng

Subject: Why __syscallN macros are removed?

The __syscallN series macros have disappeared in
include/asm-i386/unistd.h. Why? I occasionally what to add and use
some new system calls, mainly for debug use. Now I can not access the
system call I added from user space.

2007-02-23 03:04:21

by Davide Libenzi

Subject: Re: Why __syscallN macros are removed?

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Dong Feng wrote:

> The __syscallN series macros have disappeared in
> include/asm-i386/unistd.h. Why? I occasionally what to add and use
> some new system calls, mainly for debug use. Now I can not access the
> system call I added from user space.

You can use glibc's syscall(2) instead of macros.

- Davide

2007-02-23 03:10:35

by Dong Feng

Thank you very much.