2007-08-29 20:48:36

by Xu Yang

Subject: from which address does the kernel load initrd?

does anyone know from which address does the kernel load the initrd? I
mean the default value?

I want to boot the filesystem using a ramdisk. but the I don't know
where to put it in my ram? as I don't have flash , I can only load the
ramdisk into the ram.

and which boot option should I use?

thanks

regards,

yang

2007-08-29 21:05:31

by H. Peter Anvin

Subject: Re: from which address does the kernel load initrd?

Xu Yang wrote:
> does anyone know from which address does the kernel load the initrd? I
> mean the default value?
>
> I want to boot the filesystem using a ramdisk. but the I don't know
> where to put it in my ram? as I don't have flash , I can only load the
> ramdisk into the ram.
>
> and which boot option should I use?

See Documentation/i386/boot.txt

-hpa

2007-08-30 11:44:19

by Xu Yang

hi peter,

thanks for your reply.

my platform is realview_eb_mpcore. the cpu is arm. not i386. and I
check the booting file in the documentation /arm , it is not
specified.

do you have any idea about that?

anyone knows?

thanks,