2006-12-05 03:51:12

by Zhao Forrest

Subject: Is there way to reserve more MMIO resource for PCIE-hotplug-capable slot?

Hi,

Sometimes we could hotplug a PCIE device, which require more MMIO
resource than that reserved by BIOS.

My question is: is there a way for kernel to reserved more MMIO
resource for a PCIE-hotplug-capable slot? I searched the
kernel-parameters.txt, but didn't find any related information.

Thanks,
Forrest

2006-12-05 23:50:16

by H. Peter Anvin

Zhao Forrest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes we could hotplug a PCIE device, which require more MMIO
> resource than that reserved by BIOS.
>
> My question is: is there a way for kernel to reserved more MMIO
> resource for a PCIE-hotplug-capable slot? I searched the
> kernel-parameters.txt, but didn't find any related information.

If you need 32-bit MMIO, no, because it requires chipset-specific
reprogramming. 64-bit MMIO should be readily available.

-hpa