2009-09-10 10:10:49

by Prabhu Chawandi

Subject: disable : Ctrl -C in the Kernel

Hi,

I am running Some application at the end of rcS script file.

I need to disable Ctrl-c, i.e. application should not kill after Ctrl-c.

and in some case I want Ctrl-C to work normally.

I am taking care in application about catching signal using signal(),
even then I think there is something from kernel side.

Can any one help ?????/

Thanks in advance
Prabhu

2009-09-10 10:39:46

by Sven-Haegar Koch

Subject: Re: disable : Ctrl -C in the Kernel

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Prabhu Chawandi wrote:

> I am running Some application at the end of rcS script file.
>
> I need to disable Ctrl-c, i.e. application should not kill after Ctrl-c.
>
> and in some case I want Ctrl-C to work normally.
>
> I am taking care in application about catching signal using signal(),
> even then I think there is something from kernel side.
>
> Can any one help ?????/

We are using the following command here in an rc script early at boot to
disable Ctrl-C:

stty intr ^@ quit ^@ susp ^@

c'ya
sven

--
The lights are fading out, once more...

2009-09-10 10:37:22

by Prabhu Chawandi

Thansk,

Do u know which is enabling it.

Coz, after adding the line told by u, I am not able to disable, means
somewhere after this place its being enabled.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Sven-Haegar Koch <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Prabhu Chawandi wrote:
>
>> ? I am running Some application at the end of rcS script file.
>>
>> I need to disable Ctrl-c, i.e. ?application should not kill after Ctrl-c.
>>
>> and in some case I want Ctrl-C to work normally.
>>
>> I am taking care in application about catching signal using signal(),
>> even then I think there is something from kernel side.
>>
>> Can any one help ?????/
>
> We are using the following command here in an rc script early at boot to
> disable Ctrl-C:
>
> ? ? ? ?stty intr ^@ quit ^@ susp ^@
>
> c'ya
> sven
>
> --
> The lights are fading out, once more...

2009-09-10 11:12:59

by Matt Keenan

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 16:07 +0530, Prabhu Chawandi wrote:
> Thansk,
>
> Do u know which is enabling it.
>
> Coz, after adding the line told by u, I am not able to disable, means
> somewhere after this place its being enabled.

Firstly, this really isn't a kernel problem; this is the wrong list for
this kind of question.

Secondly, there are typically hundreds of processes started at boot
time, you'll need to check them to find out which is changing the
terminal settings. I would suggest hooking up strace to init somehow and
tracing all the ioctl()s to /dev/tty or /dev/console.

Matt