2018-03-15 07:35:52

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the scsi-mkp tree with the efi-lock-down tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the scsi-mkp tree got a conflict in:

drivers/scsi/eata.c

between commit:

5b76b160badb ("scsi: Lock down the eata driver")

from the efi-lock-down tree and commit:

6b1745caa14a ("scsi: eata: eata-pio: Deprecate legacy EATA drivers")

from the scsi-mkp tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2018-04-05 23:24:56

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi all,

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:34:12 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the scsi-mkp tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/scsi/eata.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 5b76b160badb ("scsi: Lock down the eata driver")
>
> from the efi-lock-down tree and commit:
>
> 6b1745caa14a ("scsi: eata: eata-pio: Deprecate legacy EATA drivers")
>
> from the scsi-mkp tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> particularly complex conflicts.

This is now a conflict between the efi-lock-down tree and Linus' tree.
Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2018-04-09 03:11:52

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi all,

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:22:16 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:34:12 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the scsi-mkp tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > drivers/scsi/eata.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > 5b76b160badb ("scsi: Lock down the eata driver")
> >
> > from the efi-lock-down tree and commit:
> >
> > 6b1745caa14a ("scsi: eata: eata-pio: Deprecate legacy EATA drivers")
> >
> > from the scsi-mkp tree.
> >
> > I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
> > necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> > non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> > when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> > cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> > particularly complex conflicts.
>
> This is now a conflict between the efi-lock-down tree and Linus' tree.

This is now a conflict between the security tree and Linus' tree.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2018-04-09 03:14:30

by James Morris

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:22:16 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:34:12 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Today's linux-next merge of the scsi-mkp tree got a conflict in:
> > >
> > > drivers/scsi/eata.c
> > >
> > > between commit:
> > >
> > > 5b76b160badb ("scsi: Lock down the eata driver")
> > >
> > > from the efi-lock-down tree and commit:
> > >
> > > 6b1745caa14a ("scsi: eata: eata-pio: Deprecate legacy EATA drivers")
> > >
> > > from the scsi-mkp tree.
> > >
> > > I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
> > > necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> > > non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> > > when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> > > cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> > > particularly complex conflicts.
> >
> > This is now a conflict between the efi-lock-down tree and Linus' tree.
>
> This is now a conflict between the security tree and Linus' tree.

That's odd, my next-general branch is merged to Linus.

--
James Morris
<[email protected]>

2018-04-09 04:29:21

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi James,

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 12:51:53 +1000 (AEST) James Morris <[email protected]> wrote:

> That's odd, my next-general branch is merged to Linus.

The security tree in linux-next is

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security.git#next-testing

which has the efi-lock-down tree merged into it.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2018-04-09 04:32:31

by James Morris

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 12:51:53 +1000 (AEST) James Morris <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > That's odd, my next-general branch is merged to Linus.
>
> The security tree in linux-next is
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security.git#next-testing
>
> which has the efi-lock-down tree merged into it.

Ahh, I see. I'll rebase next-testing.

--
James Morris
<[email protected]>