2002-11-03 08:32:50

by Michal Poplawski

Subject: PROBLEM: fbdev & irq sharing

Hello,
I have recently compiled kernel 2.5.44.

First thing I've spotted is that under fbconsole
mcedit doesn't show cursor, which is pretty
inconvenient. I have Geforce2 MX400.

Second one is that when I modprobed sound card
(snd-via82xx) which uses irq 12 all was OK,
but then I tried to access modem (on ttyS2)
also via irq 12 the system hanged instantly.

Last question follows: Is Nvidia planning to
relase drivers for kernel v2.5??

Michal Poplawski

Azh nazg durbataluk, azh nazg gimbatul,
Azh nazg thrakataluk agh burzum ishi krimpatul!

problem.tgz (7.86 kB)

2002-11-03 13:23:20

by Nicholas S. Wourms

Subject: Re: PROBLEM: fbdev & irq sharing

Michal Poplawski wrote:

> Last question follows: Is Nvidia planning to
> relase drivers for kernel v2.5??

Never. They don't support development kernels, so the next kernel they will
support aside from 2.4 will be 2.6. I suggest you do as I have done: write
nVidia asking them to release their drivers under the GPL and get them
integrated into the kernel tree. If that doesn't suit you, you can always
try to use previous patches and fix up the driver to work in 2.5.

Cheers,
Nicholas