2023-11-05 21:55:54

by Genes Lists

Subject: Hash sha3-512 vs scripts/sign-file vs openssl

Mainline modules signing supports sha3-xxx.

However, unless I'm doing something wonky, signing fails and it appears
to come from scripts/sign-file failing in CMS_add1_signer() :

At main.c:321:
- SSL error:2EFFF06F:CMS routines:CRYPTO_internal:ctrl failure:
cms/cms_sd.c:269

openssl version here on arch is 3.1.4 and this may quite possibly be
related to the following issue with sha3 and ecdsa, but not clear to me.

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/22147

regards,

gene

2023-11-05 22:46:13

by Genes Lists

Subject: Re: Hash sha3-512 vs scripts/sign-file vs openssl

On 11/5/23 16:49, Genes Lists wrote:
> Mainline modules signing supports sha3-xxx.

..
>  At main.c:321:
> - SSL error:2EFFF06F:CMS routines:CRYPTO_internal:ctrl failure:
> cms/cms_sd.c:269
>
> openssl version here on arch is 3.1.4 and this may quite possibly be
..

I confirm that linking sign-file against openssl git head works fine.

So it should be fixed in openssl 3.2

regards,

gene