2003-09-15 03:59:43

by Sven Köhler

Subject: [CONFIG] zlib decompression not selectable

Hi,

my problem is simple:
i have both kernel 2.4.21 and 2.4.22 and want to include "zlib
decompression support". With "make menuconfig" i don't even see that
option under "Library Routines" - with "make xconfig" i see it, but it
disabled.

Na matter what i do, in the .config it always says
CONFIG_ZLIB_INFLATE=m
which is not what i want. I can set it to "y" but as soon as i start
xconfig or menuconfig and save the config again, it is reset to "m".

So what am i doing wrong here? Is this a bug in the config-stuff?

2003-09-15 11:26:20

by Sven Köhler

Subject: Re: [CONFIG] zlib decompression not selectable

> my problem is simple:
> i have both kernel 2.4.21 and 2.4.22 and want to include "zlib
> decompression support". With "make menuconfig" i don't even see that
> option under "Library Routines" - with "make xconfig" i see it, but it
> disabled.

Well, the sollution is, that lib/Config.in forces CONFIG_ZLIB_INFLATE to
be "m" in certain cases although i think, that "y" would be possible
too. The user should be abled to select in those cases. I hope there was
some improvement for kernel 2.6.