2006-02-28 00:55:15

by Ian McDonald

Subject: Problem making kernel with debian unstable due to make upgrade

Folks,

If anybody else is banging their heads against the wall and uses
debian unstable this seems to be due to a make bug in the current
version.

In particular mine happened with make going from 3.80+3.81.b4-1 to
3.80+3.81.rc1-1

There is a bug report at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=354602

Just to let you know as I'm sure others of you will soon be as
frustrated as me - particularly when I have a box that takes an hour
to compile....

Ian
--
Ian McDonald
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4

2006-02-28 06:43:43

by Tejun Heo

Ian McDonald wrote:
> Folks,
>
> If anybody else is banging their heads against the wall and uses
> debian unstable this seems to be due to a make bug in the current
> version.
>
> In particular mine happened with make going from 3.80+3.81.b4-1 to
> 3.80+3.81.rc1-1
>
> There is a bug report at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=354602
>
> Just to let you know as I'm sure others of you will soon be as
> frustrated as me - particularly when I have a box that takes an hour
> to compile....

I was scratching my head for more than three hours now. Thanks for
notifying. So, make it was. :-(

--
tejun