2005-01-05 05:51:57

by selvakumar nagendran

Subject: Linked list demo

Hello,
I came to know from the book 'Linux kernel
development' by Robert M Love that the kernel provides
it's own linked list implementation. He has also given
the relevant interfaces. But with that I am not able
to understand the concepts. Can anyone send me a
worked out example of the linked list possibly a
simpler one?

Thanks,
selva

http://my.yahoo.com

2005-01-05 06:09:24

by Phillip Lougher

Subject: Re: Linked list demo

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:51:50 -0800 (PST), selvakumar nagendran
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I came to know from the book 'Linux kernel
> development' by Robert M Love that the kernel provides
> it's own linked list implementation. He has also given
> the relevant interfaces. But with that I am not able
> to understand the concepts. Can anyone send me a
> worked out example of the linked list possibly a
> simpler one?

Personally if you can't understand the concepts of the linked list
implementation from the book then you shouldn't really be programming
at the kernel level... As far as examples of code goes, grep the
kernel source. There's sure to be lots of examples there :-)

Phillip

> Thanks,
> selva

by Juergen Quade

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:51:50PM -0800, selvakumar nagendran wrote:
> Hello,
> I came to know from the book 'Linux kernel
> development' by Robert M Love that the kernel provides
> it's own linked list implementation. He has also given
> the relevant interfaces. But with that I am not able
> to understand the concepts. Can anyone send me a
> worked out example of the linked list possibly a
> simpler one?

Take sample-code 6-15-kernellist.c from:

http://ezs.kr.hsnr.de/TreiberBuch/Download/index.html

Juergen.