2010-01-16 11:16:56

by Peter Kästle

Subject: Coretemp Atom 330, strange temperatures

Hi Rudolf, Hi Huaxu,

I've got an Asrock Ion 330 machine with Atom 330 processor, running
2.6.32.3 kernel. When loading coretemp it shows strange temperatures, like
this:
Core0: 0.0 degree C
Core1: 16.0 degree C
Core2: 0.0 degree C
Core3: 15.0 degree C

Is there an offset missing? When touching the cooler it feels like 40 degree ore something.
Is this a known problem? Is there already a fix?

thanks for your time and kind regards,
--peter

2010-01-18 09:14:13

by Huaxu Wan

Subject: Re: Coretemp Atom 330, strange temperatures

On 12:11 Sat 16 Jan, Peter Feuerer wrote:
> Hi Rudolf, Hi Huaxu,
>
> I've got an Asrock Ion 330 machine with Atom 330 processor, running
> 2.6.32.3 kernel. When loading coretemp it shows strange
> temperatures, like this:
> Core0: 0.0 degree C
> Core1: 16.0 degree C
> Core2: 0.0 degree C
> Core3: 15.0 degree C
>
> Is there an offset missing? When touching the cooler it feels like 40 degree ore something.
> Is this a known problem? Is there already a fix?

AFAIK, the thermal sensor has a range limitation, it may report an incorrect
value when the temperatures are ~20C below Tcontrol(40~50). Could you give
some load to it and check the temperatures again?

Thanks
Huaxu