2005-03-04 00:31:22

by Miquel van Smoorenburg

Subject: Re: 2.6.11: iostat values broken, or IDE siimage driver ?

In article <[email protected]>,
Miquel van Smoorenburg <[email protected]> wrote:
>In article <[email protected]>,
>Miquel van Smoorenburg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>I just upgrades one of our newsservers from 2.6.9 to 2.6.11. I
>>use "iostat -k -x 2" to see live how busy the disks are. But
>>I don't believe that Linux optimizes things so much that a disk
>>can be 1849.55% busy :)
>
>Perhaps this is the cause:
>
>Mar 2 19:55:25 hdg: sata_error = 0x00000000, watchdog = 0,
>siimage_mmio_ide_dma_test_irq
>Mar 2 19:55:26 quantum last message repeated 12 times
>hdg: sata_error = 0x00000000, watchdog = 0, siimage_mmio_ide_dma_test_irq

I just recompiled and reconfigured with libata sata_sil.c instead
of ide siimage.c, and now everything just works fine.

I just noticed this in dmesg:

** PCI interrupts are no longer routed automatically. If this
** causes a device to stop working, it is probably because the
** driver failed to call pci_enable_device(). As a temporary
** workaround, the "pci=routeirq" argument restores the old
** behavior. If this argument makes the device work again,
** please email the output of "lspci" to [email protected]
** so I can fix the driver.

.. so perhaps that might causing siimage.c to break, but this
being a production server now catching up with a backlog I can't
try it right away.

Mike.