Subject: Looking for best resource for device driver programmers

I'm a real-time developer new to the Linux platform. I'm currently trying
to write my first linux kernel device driver.

Anyone know the best web site or mailing list to ask questions about linux
device driver and kernel issues for a programmer like me?

Steven Friedrich

2001-03-01 17:08:54

by Jes Sorensen

Friedrich> I'm a real-time developer new to the Linux platform. I'm
Friedrich> currently trying to write my first linux kernel device
Friedrich> driver.

Friedrich> Anyone know the best web site or mailing list to ask
Friedrich> questions about linux device driver and kernel issues for a
Friedrich> programmer like me?

Well you might want to take a look at my slides from my Linux Kernel
Programming tutorial at Linux Kongress, they are available at http://home.cern.ch/~jes/slides/kongress-kernel-2000-print.ps.gz

Cheers
Jes