Subject: "Extra" Linux regressions report for mainline slightly ahead of 6.8-rc8/final

Hi Linus, here is a quick manual extra regression report due to the
nearing 6.8 release:

# Fixes for regressions from this cycle afaics unlikely to reach 6.8

* 3445139e3a594b ("Revert "Revert "md/raid5: Wait for
MD_SB_CHANGE_PENDING in raid5d""") in next, which reverts a commits from
6.8-rc1; Song thinks it's better to merge this revert for 6.9 and then
backport to 6.8:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAPhsuW51ND4qH4My8Uz1XaZSdvAjDR7eL7O-RLr5wKmFJA0XMQ@mail.gmail.com/
Report: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

* 0d7dfc79fb9b4b ("drm/msm/a6xx: specify UBWC config for sc7180" in
next. No reply to my recent inquiry why this fix for a commit from this
cycle was queued for 6.9:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/
Report: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/msm/-/issues/49 and
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

# Regressions fixes sitting on the list awaiting review:

* Fix divide-by-zero on DP unplug with nouveau
https://lore.kernel.org/regressions/[email protected]/

* u64_stats: fix u64_stats_init() for lockdep when used repeatedly in
one file
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/

* drm/nouveau: keep DMA buffers required for suspend/resume
https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/[email protected]/

# Regression reports where no fix is in sight afaics

* dmaengine: CPU stalls while loading bluetooth module
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/ and
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/
See also:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/000001da7140%246a0f1570%243e2d4050%[email protected]/
Revert might be counter-productive.

* drm/msm: Thinkpad X13s hard resets disconnecting external displays (
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/
See also: lore.kernel.org/all/ZesK1SKUB9BVKouF%40hovoldconsulting.com
and https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/
Maybe the whole series that causes this should have been reverted a week
ago...

* x86/mm/ident_map: kexec now leads to reboot
https://lore.kernel.org/stable/[email protected]/
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAJbxNHe3EJ88ABB1aZ8bYZq=a36F0TFST1Fqu4fkugvyU_fjhw@mail.gmail.com/
A revert apparently could fix this.

# For completeness: fixes that I assume will make it to you soon

* I assume Dmitry will send 7105e92c60c9cc ("Revert "Input: bcm5974 -
check endpoint type before starting traffic"") soon.

* I assume Greg will send ac3e0384073b24 ("misc: lis3lv02d_i2c: Fix
regulators getting en-/dis-abled twice on suspend/resume") soon.

* Not totally sure, but I assume the Btrfs folks will send
978b63f7464abc ("btrfs: fix race when detecting delalloc ranges during
fiemap") and 1cab1375ba6d53 ("btrfs: reuse cloned extent buffer during
fiemap to avoid re-allocations") to you, too.

Ciao, Thorsten

Side note: /me hopes this mail is not classified as spam due to all the
links...