2008-10-21 08:56:47

by Prabhu Chawandi

Subject: History of Linux File !!!

Hi,

Is there any way tosee the history of a linux kernel file....

I mean .. when it is updated changed or what is the latest version ...

--Prabhu

2008-10-21 09:05:42

by Jike Song

Subject: Re: History of Linux File !!!

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Prabhu Chawandi
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way tosee the history of a linux kernel file....
>
> I mean .. when it is updated changed or what is the latest version ...

try :

$ git whatchanged -p path/to/your/file

Jike

2008-10-21 10:00:21

by Prabhu Chawandi

Thanks ..

Or do v have any site ... where we can see all version as we see in WinCVS ?

Prabhu

On 10/21/08, Jike Song <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Prabhu Chawandi
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way tosee the history of a linux kernel file....
> >
> > I mean .. when it is updated changed or what is the latest version ...
> >

> try :
>
> $ git whatchanged -p path/to/your/file
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Jike

2008-10-21 10:05:34

by Jike Song

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Prabhu Chawandi
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks ..
>
> Or do v have any site ... where we can see all version as we see in WinCVS ?

I have no idea about wincvs... Anyway, here is the git web of Linus tree:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

Besides, google it before posting to LKML should be a good idea;)

Jike