2021-09-20 23:41:22

by Laura Abbott

Subject: IMPORTANT: CIVS opt-in for Technical Advisory Board voting

Hello,

As in the past we are using CIVS (https://civs1.civs.us/) for voting.
This year you need to explicitly opt-in to vote in a private poll. This
is a change on the CIVS end and was probably added due to concerns about
spam/abuse of the service.

Please opt-in at https://civs1.civs.us/cgi-bin/opt_in.pl

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail

Laura

2021-09-21 01:34:10

by Vlastimil Babka

On 9/20/21 3:57 PM, Laura Abbott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As in the past we are using CIVS (https://civs1.civs.us/) for voting.
> This year you need to explicitly opt-in to vote in a private poll. This
> is a change on the CIVS end and was probably added due to concerns about
> spam/abuse of the service.
>
> Please opt-in at https://civs1.civs.us/cgi-bin/opt_in.pl

Hi, did that and it appears that afterwards I could be voting right
away. But there's no link to the candidate statements yet, or did I miss it?

> If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail
> [email protected]
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

2021-09-21 01:35:12

by Jan Kara

On Mon 20-09-21 17:16:07, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
> On 9/20/21 3:57 PM, Laura Abbott wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As in the past we are using CIVS (https://civs1.civs.us/) for voting.
> > This year you need to explicitly opt-in to vote in a private poll. This
> > is a change on the CIVS end and was probably added due to concerns about
> > spam/abuse of the service.
> >
> > Please opt-in at https://civs1.civs.us/cgi-bin/opt_in.pl
>
> Hi, did that and it appears that afterwards I could be voting right
> away. But there's no link to the candidate statements yet, or did I miss it?

I found the link at the top:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4uebud-Nk0l7LepMEdjx0ZWot0cgRdg2ZYSrbJCq6c/edit

Honza
--
Jan Kara <[email protected]>
SUSE Labs, CR

2021-09-21 01:36:58

by Dave Hansen

My @linux.intel.com account is the most common one from the git logs. I
have only received one TAB-related email there:

Subject: Upcoming Technical Advisory Board election -- look for
your ballot

However, I never actually received a ballot at that email, presumably
because of this CIVS opt-in issue.

Was this just me? Or would it be appropriate to send these opt-in
instructions to all of those that should have received a ballot instead
of just sending to the mailing lists?

2021-09-21 01:37:10

by Geert Uytterhoeven

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:37 PM Dave Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
> My @linux.intel.com account is the most common one from the git logs. I
> have only received one TAB-related email there:
>
> Subject: Upcoming Technical Advisory Board election -- look for
> your ballot
>
> However, I never actually received a ballot at that email, presumably
> because of this CIVS opt-in issue.
>
> Was this just me? Or would it be appropriate to send these opt-in
> instructions to all of those that should have received a ballot instead
> of just sending to the mailing lists?

I did the CIVS opt-in, and entered the confirmation number.
Still, unlike Vlastimil, I saw no way to vote?
Just retried the opt-in, "already opted-in".

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds

2021-09-21 01:37:31

by Geert Uytterhoeven

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:48 PM Geert Uytterhoeven <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:37 PM Dave Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
> > My @linux.intel.com account is the most common one from the git logs. I
> > have only received one TAB-related email there:
> >
> > Subject: Upcoming Technical Advisory Board election -- look for
> > your ballot
> >
> > However, I never actually received a ballot at that email, presumably
> > because of this CIVS opt-in issue.
> >
> > Was this just me? Or would it be appropriate to send these opt-in
> > instructions to all of those that should have received a ballot instead
> > of just sending to the mailing lists?
>
> I did the CIVS opt-in, and entered the confirmation number.
> Still, unlike Vlastimil, I saw no way to vote?
> Just retried the opt-in, "already opted-in".

If you use multiple email addresses, make sure to opt-in using the exact
same one on which you received the original email from Laura.
Then there will be a link to the actual poll after entering the confirmation
code.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds

2021-09-21 01:40:20

by Laura Abbott

On 9/20/21 11:30, Dave Hansen wrote:
> My @linux.intel.com account is the most common one from the git logs. I
> have only received one TAB-related email there:
>
> Subject: Upcoming Technical Advisory Board election -- look for
> your ballot
>
> However, I never actually received a ballot at that email, presumably
> because of this CIVS opt-in issue.
>
> Was this just me? Or would it be appropriate to send these opt-in
> instructions to all of those that should have received a ballot instead
> of just sending to the mailing lists?

I did make an attempt to send a message to everyone on the voting list
(which should include your @linux.intel.com mail) in addition to posting
on the list. It's possible either my message ended up in spam or it
got throttled by gmail.

Thanks,
Laura

2021-09-21 01:40:53

by Laura Abbott

On 9/20/21 12:03, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:48 PM Geert Uytterhoeven <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 5:37 PM Dave Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> My @linux.intel.com account is the most common one from the git logs. I
>>> have only received one TAB-related email there:
>>>
>>> Subject: Upcoming Technical Advisory Board election -- look for
>>> your ballot
>>>
>>> However, I never actually received a ballot at that email, presumably
>>> because of this CIVS opt-in issue.
>>>
>>> Was this just me? Or would it be appropriate to send these opt-in
>>> instructions to all of those that should have received a ballot instead
>>> of just sending to the mailing lists?
>>
>> I did the CIVS opt-in, and entered the confirmation number.
>> Still, unlike Vlastimil, I saw no way to vote?
>> Just retried the opt-in, "already opted-in".
>
> If you use multiple email addresses, make sure to opt-in using the exact
> same one on which you received the original email from Laura.
> Then there will be a link to the actual poll after entering the confirmation
> code.
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> Geert

Yes that is correct. We attempted to consolidate e-mail addresses if you
contribute under multiple ones. This is a pain point we will need to fix
next year.

Thanks,
Laura