2023-07-19 21:57:54

by Shuah Khan

Subject: [ANNOUNCE/CFP] Kernel Testing & Dependability Micro-conference at LPC 2023

Hello,

I am reaching out to announce that we are once again planning to
gather to discuss testing and dependability related topics at the
Kernel Testing & Dependability Micro-conference at LPC 2023.

We invite you to submit proposals for discussion:
- https://lpc.events/event/17/abstracts/1430/

The Linux Plumbers 2023 Kernel Testing & Dependability track focuses on
advancing the current state of testing of the Linux Kernel and its related
infrastructure. The main purpose is to improve software quality and
dependability for applications that require predictability and trust.

We aim to create connections between folks working on similar projects,
and help individual projects make progress.

This track is intended to promote collaboration between all the communities
and people interested in the Kernel testing & dependability. This will help
move the conversation forward from where we left off at the LPC 2022 Kernel
Testing & Dependability MC.

We ask that any topic discussions focus on issues/problems they are facing
and possible alternatives to resolving them. The Micro-conference is open to
all topics related to testing on Linux, not necessarily in the kernel space.

Suggested topics:

- KernelCI: Topics on improvements and enhancements for test coverage
- Growing KCIDB, integrating more sources (https://kernelci.org/docs/kcidb/)
- Sanitizers
- Using Clang for better testing coverage
- How to spread KUnit throughout the kernel?
- Building and testing in-kernel Rust code.
- Explore ways to improve testing framework and tests in the kernel
with a specific goal to increase traceability and code coverage.
- Explore how do SBOMs figure into dependability?

Proposals can be submitted here, by August 20th:
- https://lpc.events/event/17/abstracts/

Please reach out to MC leads:
Shuah Khan ([email protected])
Sasha Levin <[email protected]>