2008-03-31 01:32:55

by Peter Teoh

Subject: blktrace debugging: how to use it

The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405

Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this
feature from userspace? Any tools written to TEST and use this feature?

Thanks.

2008-03-31 04:41:42

by Mulyadi Santosa

Subject: Re: blktrace debugging: how to use it

Hi..

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Peter Teoh <[email protected]> wrote:
> The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405
>
> Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this
> feature from userspace? Any tools written to TEST and use this feature?

All I remember, the user space code is available from Jens Axboe's CVS
or http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/tools/blktrace.c

regards,

Mulyadi

2008-03-31 15:30:25

by Peter Teoh

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi..
> All I remember, the user space code is available from Jens Axboe's CVS
> or http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/tools/blktrace.c

Thanks Mulyadi Santosa, the link I found was:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/tools/old/blktrace.c

(Jens may have change it immediately u sent out the email :-)).

Peter Teoh

2008-04-01 01:33:19

by Mulyadi Santosa

Hi :)

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Peter Teoh <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi..
>
> > All I remember, the user space code is available from Jens Axboe's CVS
> > or http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/tools/blktrace.c
> >
> Thanks Mulyadi Santosa, the link I found was:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/tools/old/blktrace.c
>
> (Jens may have change it immediately u sent out the email :-)).

Somehow in the universe, we are linked to each other :D

regards,

Mulyadi.