2002-03-25 18:18:18

by Brian S Queen

Subject: dnotify header question

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I didn't see my own question
come by on the mailing list though.

I have been wondering how to get the new dnotify parts currently in
<linux/fcntl.h> into <fcntl.h>. I have recompiled and entirley rebuilt
gcc with the --with-headers option in an effort to get it to
incorporate the new stuff from <linux/fcntl.h>. Is this an false
expectation? Do I have to submit the changes to the glibc folks to get
them into the <fcntl.h>?

Brian McQueen
NAS Division
NASA/Ames

2002-03-25 19:42:10

by Daniel Jacobowitz

Subject: Re: dnotify header question

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 10:17:54AM -0800, Brian S Queen wrote:
> I apologize if this is a repeat question. I didn't see my own question
> come by on the mailing list though.
>
> I have been wondering how to get the new dnotify parts currently in
> <linux/fcntl.h> into <fcntl.h>. I have recompiled and entirley rebuilt
> gcc with the --with-headers option in an effort to get it to
> incorporate the new stuff from <linux/fcntl.h>. Is this an false
> expectation? Do I have to submit the changes to the glibc folks to get
> them into the <fcntl.h>?

Yes, you do.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer

2002-03-26 07:48:40

by Andreas Jaeger

Brian S Queen <[email protected]> writes:

> I apologize if this is a repeat question. I didn't see my own question
> come by on the mailing list though.
>
> I have been wondering how to get the new dnotify parts currently in
> <linux/fcntl.h> into <fcntl.h>. I have recompiled and entirley rebuilt
> gcc with the --with-headers option in an effort to get it to
> incorporate the new stuff from <linux/fcntl.h>. Is this an false
> expectation? Do I have to submit the changes to the glibc folks to get
> them into the <fcntl.h>?

Update your glibc. The fixes are already in <bits/fcntl.h> since
september 2000, I'm appending the relevant ChangeLog entries.

Andreas

2000-09-29 Andreas Jaeger <[email protected]>

* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/bits/fcntl.h: Protect DN_* by
__USE_GNU.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ia64/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/m68k/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/s390/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.

2000-09-29 Andreas Jaeger <[email protected]>

* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/bits/fcntl.h: Synch with Linux
2.4.0-test9-pre7.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ia64/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/m68k/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/s390/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/bits/fcntl.h: Likewise.

--
Andreas Jaeger
SuSE Labs [email protected]
private [email protected]