2012-02-21 09:54:24

by Karsten Keil

Subject: Git tree for very old kernel versions ?

Hi,

I think before the the reinstallation of kernel.org here was also a git
tree of versions before 2.6.11, if I remember correctely it was a import
from the bitkeeper repo. Does this tree still exist somewhere ?

Karsten

2012-02-21 09:58:47

by Gleb Natapov

Subject: Re: Git tree for very old kernel versions ?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:54:19AM +0100, Karsten Keil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think before the the reinstallation of kernel.org here was also a git
> tree of versions before 2.6.11, if I remember correctely it was a import
> from the bitkeeper repo. Does this tree still exist somewhere ?

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/history.git

--
Gleb.

2012-02-21 10:02:15

by Karsten Keil

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:54:19AM +0100, Karsten Keil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think before the the reinstallation of kernel.org here was also a git
> tree of versions before 2.6.11, if I remember correctely it was a import
> from the bitkeeper repo. Does this tree still exist somewhere ?

Sorry for the noise, this tree is still here - I thought it was under
Linus subdirectory and so I missed it, but it is in
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/history.git

Thanks
Karsten

2012-02-21 19:54:24

by Mantas Mikulėnas

On 2012-02-21 11:54, Karsten Keil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think before the the reinstallation of kernel.org here was also a git
> tree of versions before 2.6.11, if I remember correctely it was a import
> from the bitkeeper repo. Does this tree still exist somewhere ?
>
> Karsten

A copy of the full history (from v0.01) is available at:

<http://www.archive.org/details/git-history-of-linux>

--
Mantas M. <[email protected]>