2010-12-16 21:50:27

by Francis Moreau

Subject: Why not making tools/* git submodules ?

Hello,

I'm just wondering if all tools could be tracked using git submodule.

That would allow the tools to have their own tags at least.

Thanks
--
Francis

2010-12-18 14:24:20

by Francis Moreau

Subject: Re: Why not making tools/* git submodules ?

Adding linux-perf-users mailing list, hoping that someone out there is
more interested by this subject.

--
Francis

2010-12-20 12:53:58

by Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo

Em Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 03:24:12PM +0100, Francis Moreau escreveu:

> Adding linux-perf-users mailing list, hoping that someone out there is
> more interested by this subject.
>
> Francis Moreau <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm just wondering if all tools such as perf could be tracked using
> > git submodule.

I wasn't aware of "submodules", will read about it, thanks for bringing
this to our attention.

> > That would allow the tools to have their own tags at least.

yeah, that would be cool.

- Arnaldo