2002-06-27 12:43:30

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: SCx200 audio support?

hi

Any plans to support the National Geode SC1200 integrated audio chipset?

In lspci -vvv it looks like this

00:12.3 Multimedia audio controller: National Semiconductor Corporation SCx200
Audio
Subsystem: National Semiconductor Corporation SCx200 Audio
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 0
Region 0: Memory at 40011000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

thanks

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Christer Weinigel

Subject: Re: SCx200 audio support?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <[email protected]> writes:

> Any plans to support the National Geode SC1200 integrated audio chipset?
>
> 00:12.3 Multimedia audio controller: National Semiconductor
> Corporation SCx200 Audio

The VSA BIOS should emulate a soundblaster card, so the normal
soundblaster driver ought to work. There is also a native National
GX1+CS5530 driver that you can get from National and that driver ought
to work on the SC1200 although you might have to add the proper PCI
IDs.

/Christer