Subject: DRIVERS MMC card freezes at Jmicron controllers.

Hi, all.
I wrote an email minutes ago and I think it could be delivered missing
half of the content for mistake using email editor. Sorry for that

We have users, reporting problems with MMC cards and JMicron controller
devices. We have here to test more than one Pc (with Jmicron) with the
same problem. It freezes completely after the insert of stick. Using
2.6.33 to 2.6.39 RC6 the error is the same. I tried many alternatives,
but with no success. If there is a idea that could make a fix on it
please copy me on thread.

lspci:
02:00.2 SD Host controller: JMicron Technologies, Inc. Standard SD Host
Controller (rev 80) (prog-if 01)
Subsystem: Holco Enterprise Co, Ltd/Shuttle Computer Device
2000
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ
18
Region 0: Memory at febff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=256]
Capabilities: [a4] Power Management version
3
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
PME-
Capabilities: [80] Express (v1) Endpoint, MSI
00
DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s
<64ns, L1 <1us
ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+
FLReset-
DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal-
Unsupported-
RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr-
NoSnoop-
MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128
bytes
DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr-
TransPend-
LnkCap: Port #1, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1,
Latency L0 unlimited, L1 unlimited
ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep-
BwNot-
LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain-
CommClk+
ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt-
AutBWInt-
LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+
DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
Capabilities: [94] MSI: Mask- 64bit- Count=1/1
Enable-
Address: fffffffc Data:
0000
Kernel modules: sdhci-pci

Before death it outputs on log
mmc0:new MMC card at...
mmcblk0:mmc0 ...
ldm_validade_partition_table() Disk read failed
mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
error -110 transfering data, sector 0, card status nr8, 0xb00

I'll still trying something, but if anybody knows about it warn me.
Thanks
Alexandre

2011-05-04 23:42:31

by Chris Ball

Hi Alexandre, adding linux-mmc@ to CC. (EOF)

--
Chris Ball <[email protected]> <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child

Subject: DRM/I915 wrong monitor resolution

Hi all,
We encountered a lot of X problems with current Kernel in this specific
hardware:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Pineview Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Elitegroup Computer Systems Device 2267
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 43
Region 0: Memory at feb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=512K]
Region 1: I/O ports at dc00 [size=8]
Region 2: Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Region 3: Memory at fea00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=1M]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: i915
Kernel modules: i915

The xrandr shows 2 monitors, when only exists 1 (the device even doesn't
have HDMI or TV). The X also can use only bad resolutions for the main
monitor.

I tested <= 2.6.36 kernel and it was ok, and kernel >= 2.6.37 was not
ok.

So, I made a git bisect to discover exactly what commit broked the
driver and I made a fix reverting the commit:
44834a67c0082e2cf74b16be91e4910
drm/i915: Use the VBT from OpRegion when available (v3)

I think it will be bad to maintain the patch in our kernel, and rediff
it every time we made a kernel update. So I decided to report it, to
know if someone knows how to maintain the commit and fix the problem.

Or it could be a bad (with bugs) hardware?

Thanks a lot
Alexandre