2001-10-15 19:40:46

by Mark Atwood

Subject: What is /boot/modules-info

What is the /boot/modules-info file?

I've been doing some online searching, and the best I can find is it
is an exampe of a RPM resource, and no one can figure out what it's
for.

--
Mark Atwood | I'm wearing black only until I find something darker.
[email protected] | http://www.pobox.com/~mra

2001-10-16 04:43:57

by Keith Owens

Subject: Re: What is /boot/modules-info

On 15 Oct 2001 12:40:53 -0700,
Mark Atwood <[email protected]> wrote:
>I've been doing some online searching, and the best I can find is it
>is an exampe of a RPM resource, and no one can figure out what it's
>for.

A Redhat'ism, nothing in the standard kernel or modutils uses it. Ask RH.

2001-10-16 08:12:06

by Alan

> On 15 Oct 2001 12:40:53 -0700,
> Mark Atwood <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I've been doing some online searching, and the best I can find is it
> >is an exampe of a RPM resource, and no one can figure out what it's
> >for.
>
> A Redhat'ism, nothing in the standard kernel or modutils uses it. Ask RH.

Its a table of drivers, arguments to the module etc for common modules,
used by the various config tools to help guide installs etc

2001-10-16 12:17:10

by Tom Diehl

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > On 15 Oct 2001 12:40:53 -0700,
> > Mark Atwood <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >I've been doing some online searching, and the best I can find is it
> > >is an exampe of a RPM resource, and no one can figure out what it's
> > >for.
> >
> > A Redhat'ism, nothing in the standard kernel or modutils uses it. Ask RH.
>
> Its a table of drivers, arguments to the module etc for common modules,
> used by the various config tools to help guide installs etc

Is there any way to regenerate it for non redhat kernels?

--
......Tom Dysfunction The Only Consistent Feature of All
[email protected] of Your Dissatisfying Relationships is You.

2001-10-21 16:53:58

by Alan

> > Its a table of drivers, arguments to the module etc for common modules,
> > used by the various config tools to help guide installs etc
>
> Is there any way to regenerate it for non redhat kernels?

I dont know how it was originally generated or if its hand collected.

I suspect modinfo is the tool you need