2012-08-28 20:01:21

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

Subject: System-drivers ported to Windows XP?

Some may remember me as commenting on the excellent state of the
linux-kernel, after I achieved 0.3ms reliable latency for audio-streams.

I have now decided to try and get as close as possible on Windows XP
though. However some of the drivers on my windows XP install, is from
2001. Windows update is ofcourse not giving me the available ones from
2012, and they are hard to track down.

I was wondering if anyone had ported generic-system drivers, which then
would probably be more optimized, than the 2001-ones, to windows XP?

If anyone wants to read about my findings on Windows XP, please read:
http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?p=1506

Peace Be With You.

2012-08-29 00:25:56

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

Subject: Re: System-drivers ported to Windows XP?

I have a list of drivers here, many of them dated 2001.
http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?p=1608 (MS making me upset as
usual.)
I am really just looking for better drivers, and thought maybe someone
knew if more current opensource versions existed. I have not found
anything online though, so therefore I ask here.

I have also thought about the ReactOS project, and wonder if they have
more current drivers, seeing as they work on the project currently, I am
discussing in their forum now, but communication is going slow.

Peace Be With You.