2012-10-02 17:25:30

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

Subject: Re: The 10ms averager in fair.c + granularity

The 10 ms averager is not the only strange thing. Obviously there are some
good things in this scheduler, since it performs quite well. But I am not
criticising the good.

But the documentation makes a distinction between desktop and server with
the "resolution" parameter.
I tried some values and "echo 4500000000 > sched_min_granularity_ns" which
would be strongly tuned towards server, only reduced jitter in doom 3.
Which means it is a good value for desktop.

So that doesn`t seem to cohere with what is stated aswell. Anyway.. One
needs to get really deep into the code to understand why it is so. So you
know, I don know. I am going to take a look at it, and there probably
won`t be any patch anytime soon.

Peace Be With You.