2012-11-04 16:32:14

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

Subject: re: sched: SCHED_DEADLINE v6

Hi. I am trying the Sched_deadline patch.

I am getting an error compiling:

kernel/sched/dl.c: In function ‘dl_runtime_exceeded’:
kernel/sched/dl.c:551:7: warning: unused variable ‘damount’
[-Wunused-variable]
kernel/sched/dl.c:558:7: warning: unused variable ‘ramount’
[-Wunused-variable]
kernel/sched/dl.c: In function ‘init_sched_dl_class’:
kernel/sched/dl.c:1521:6: error: ‘GFP_KERNEL’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
kernel/sched/dl.c:1521:6: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in
kernel/sched/dl.c: At top level:
kernel/sched/dl.c:965:13: warning: ‘start_hrtick_dl’ defined but not used
[-Wunused-function]
make[2]: *** [kernel/sched/dl.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel/sched] Error 2
make: *** [kernel] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Peace Be With You.

2012-11-04 18:00:23

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

Actually, I just got the Ericsson branch to compile.

Peace Be With You.

2012-11-04 19:02:28

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

How does the modified schedtool work? There is no updated documentation.

http://gitorious.org/sched_deadline/schedtool-dl/commits/latest/2.6.36-dl-V3

If anyone could give an example of a 1000uS period / 500uS time, with
schedtool, or any other relevant information.
Most examples online use parameters that are no longer supported.

Peace Be With You.

2012-11-04 19:24:21

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

uwaysi@Millennium:~/Kildekode/sched_deadline-schedtool-dl$ ./schedtool -E
-t 500:1000 3718
ERROR: could not set PID 3718 to E: SCHED_DEADLINE - Function not
implemented
uwaysi@Millennium:~/Kildekode/sched_deadline-schedtool-dl$

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 20:02:25 +0100, Uwaysi Bin Kareem
<[email protected]> wrote:

> How does the modified schedtool work? There is no updated documentation.
>
> http://gitorious.org/sched_deadline/schedtool-dl/commits/latest/2.6.36-dl-V3
>
> If anyone could give an example of a 1000uS period / 500uS time, with
> schedtool, or any other relevant information.
> Most examples online use parameters that are no longer supported.
>
> Peace Be With You.

2012-11-04 19:59:49

by Uwaysi Bin Kareem

Nobody knows? This is really obscure for an EDF patch. Making things a bit
more accessible should be a priority. I think a lot of enthusiasts would
like to have smooth control over stuff, without windows-jitter. If you can
do a robot arm, jitter-free with this, then I am very interested.