2011-04-27 22:35:08

by werner

Subject: 2.6.39-rcX problem continues

I inform that the reported problem of crashs some minutes
until hours after booting, during moving or zip/unzip big
files, what I would guess to be a problem of the memory
administration, continues with 2.6.39-rc5 . This at
least for me and friends is the main reason why 2.6.39-rc5
cannot be used normally and one have to use 2.6.38.4 where
this problem don't happens.

W.Landgraf
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru

2011-04-28 08:08:10

by Cong Wang

Subject: Re: 2.6.39-rcX problem continues

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM, werner <[email protected]> wrote:
> I inform that the reported problem of crashs some minutes until hours after
> booting, during moving or zip/unzip big files, what I would guess to be a
> problem of the memory administration, continues with 2.6.39-rc5 .   This at
> least for me and friends is the main reason why 2.6.39-rc5 cannot be used
> normally and one have to use 2.6.38.4 where this problem don't happens.

Please report the bug with more details, otherwise no one can help. :)

Thanks.

2011-05-02 15:51:16

by Pavel Machek

On Thu 2011-04-28 16:08:00, Am?rico Wang wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM, werner <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I inform that the reported problem of crashs some minutes until hours after
> > booting, during moving or zip/unzip big files, what I would guess to be a
> > problem of the memory administration, continues with 2.6.39-rc5 . ? This at
> > least for me and friends is the main reason why 2.6.39-rc5 cannot be used
> > normally and one have to use 2.6.38.4 where this problem don't happens.
> >

> Please report the bug with more details, otherwise no one can help. :)

Shell script that reproduces it would be nice. And cc: rafael,
regressions maintainer.