2010-04-15 18:03:31

by Pavel Machek

Subject: 2.6.34-rc3 vs zaurus spitz: mistery solved

Hi!

For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
SLOB, it boots fine.

SLUB worked fine in 2.6.33 and SLOB is hidden under CONFIG_EMBEDDED,
so it took a while to figure out.
Pavel

by Eric Miao

Subject: Re: 2.6.34-rc3 vs zaurus spitz: mistery solved

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Pavel Machek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> SLOB, it boots fine.

Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
paste the failure log if possible?

> SLUB worked fine in 2.6.33 and SLOB is hidden under CONFIG_EMBEDDED,
> so it took a while to figure out.
>                                                                Pavel
> --
> (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
> (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html

2010-04-16 20:12:53

by Pavel Machek

On Fri 2010-04-16 14:25:16, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Pavel Machek <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> > SLOB, it boots fine.
> >

> Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
> paste the failure log if possible?

Investigating... So far it seems that either it was fixed in -rc4 or
that slub debugging options cause the problem.

by Cyril Hrubis

Hi!
> > > For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> > > SLOB, it boots fine.
> > >

> > Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
> > paste the failure log if possible?
>
> Investigating... So far it seems that either it was fixed in -rc4 or
> that slub debugging options cause the problem.

rc4 is working for me, so it looks like this was fixed, or at least works again
now.

--
metan

2010-04-30 18:00:54

by Pavel Machek

On Fri 2010-04-16 14:25:16, Eric Miao wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Pavel Machek <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > For some reason, spitz will hang very early in boot with SLUB. With
> > SLOB, it boots fine.
> >

> Weird, just wondering for what specific reason. Pavel, could you possibly
> paste the failure log if possible?

Ok, I tried a bit on -rc4, and it seems it went away. Problem solved
:-).
Pavel