2004-04-21 07:18:48

by Sau Dan Lee

Subject: Re: /dev/psaux-Interface

Kim> On Tuesday 20 April 2004 15:56, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
>> I think the right way is to fix the issues with psmouse driver
>> and use input system to tie all hardware together.

Kim> I agree 100%, and that's why I'm working on the driver. I
Kim> think the biggest issue right now is the Fujitsu TouchScreen
Kim> - I'll try to steal one of those laptops from work later this
Kim> week and maybe come up with a solution. It has a Synaptics
Kim> touchpad too so I get to test that as well.

So, are you going to port my XFree86 driver for my touchscreen into
kernel space?

--
Sau Dan LEE ???u??(Big5) ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: [email protected]

by Kim Holviala

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 10:18, Sau Dan Lee wrote:

> Kim> I agree 100%, and that's why I'm working on the driver. I
> Kim> think the biggest issue right now is the Fujitsu TouchScreen
> Kim> - I'll try to steal one of those laptops from work later this
> Kim> week and maybe come up with a solution. It has a Synaptics
> Kim> touchpad too so I get to test that as well.
>
> So, are you going to port my XFree86 driver for my touchscreen into
> kernel space?

That's what I was thinking.. I had one of those laptops a year ago from work,
but I gave it away since the keyboard started acting and the touchscreen
filter on top of the normal TFT looked too blurry to me...

But yes, if and when I get an extra Lifebook I'll look into porting your
driver.

Kim

2004-04-21 08:13:27

by Sau Dan Lee

>> So, are you going to port my XFree86 driver for my touchscreen
>> into kernel space?

Kim> That's what I was thinking.. I had one of those laptops a
Kim> year ago from work, but I gave it away since the keyboard
Kim> started acting and the touchscreen filter on top of the
Kim> normal TFT looked too blurry to me...

Kim> But yes, if and when I get an extra Lifebook I'll look into
Kim> porting your driver.

Mine is a Lifebook B142, not the newest ones. The touchscreen
hardware may thus be different.

Moreover, I implemented features in my drivers which require timeouts.
That'd be too complicated for me to program in kernel space.

The driver can be downloaded from:

http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~danlee/fun/psaux/lifebook20010712.tgz

--
Sau Dan LEE ???u??(Big5) ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)