2024-04-12 05:46:23

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

Hi all,

After merging the scsi-mkp tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/usb/storage/uas.c: In function 'uas_slave_alloc':
drivers/usb/storage/uas.c:826:17: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_queue_max_hw_sectors'; did you mean 'queue_max_hw_sectors'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
826 | blk_queue_max_hw_sectors(sdev->request_queue, 64);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| queue_max_hw_sectors
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

a2ad002485c4 ("scsi: block: Remove now unused queue limits helpers")

I have used the scsi-mkp tree from next-20240411 for today.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2024-04-12 06:09:33

by Christoph Hellwig

looks like the scsi tree failed to pick up:

uas: switch to using ->device_configure to configure queue limits

somehow, which was the commit just before the one removing
blk_queue_max_hw_sectors in the series.

2024-04-12 10:22:37

by Martin K. Petersen

Christoph,

> looks like the scsi tree failed to pick up:
>
> uas: switch to using ->device_configure to configure queue limits
>
> somehow, which was the commit just before the one removing
> blk_queue_max_hw_sectors in the series.

The v3.1 patch confused both b4 and patchwork. I'll get it fixed up.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering

2024-04-12 10:44:44

by Martin K. Petersen

> The v3.1 patch confused both b4 and patchwork. I'll get it fixed up.

Updated branch pushed.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering