2002-06-18 01:59:52

by Narayan Desai

Subject: bizarre segv problem on 2.5.22

I am having an odd problem under 2.5.22. python2 run from inside of an
rpm rebuild call dies with a sevfault, while everything works properly
with a 2.4.18. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
thanks...
-nld

2002-06-18 02:04:53

by William Lee Irwin III

Subject: Re: bizarre segv problem on 2.5.22

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:59:47PM -0500, Narayan Desai wrote:
> I am having an odd problem under 2.5.22. python2 run from inside of an
> rpm rebuild call dies with a sevfault, while everything works properly
> with a 2.4.18. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
> thanks...
> -nld

Does it still happen in 2.5.21?

Cheers,
Bill

2002-06-18 14:04:27

by Narayan Desai

Bill> On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:59:47PM -0500, Narayan Desai wrote:
>> I am having an odd problem under 2.5.22. python2 run from inside of
>> an rpm rebuild call dies with a sevfault, while everything works
>> properly with a 2.4.18. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
>> thanks... -nld

Bill> Does it still happen in 2.5.21?

I am not sure. 2.5.22 was the first 2.5 kernel I have tried on this
machine. I can try it out, but it may be a while before I get a chance.
-nld

2002-06-18 14:21:34

by X.Xiao

Subject: static inline vs. extern inline; inline vs. __inline__

After seeing various 'static inline', 'extern inline',
'inline' and '__inline__' in the kernel source, and
reading GCC's Inline subsection, it's still hard to
use them in a clear way:
1. what's the key difference between 'static' and
'extern' for inline? is there a rule to pick which one
during development(such as library or driver coding)
2. what's the difference between 'inline' and
'__inline__'?

I wish the answer were in FAQ but it's not.

Thanks a lot!
X.Xiao