2004-11-13 23:27:17

by Josef E. Galea

Subject: System call number

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the system call number for the function
write_swap_page() (in kernel/power/pmdisk.c) as I can't find it in unistd.h.

Thanks
Josef E. Galea

by Randy.Dunlap

Subject: Re: System call number

Josef E. Galea wrote:

> Hi,

> Can anyone tell me the system call number for the function
> write_swap_page() (in kernel/power/pmdisk.c) as I can't find it in
> unistd.h.

What kernel version? I don't see what source file in
2.6.10-rc1-bk23.

There are lots of kernel functions that don't have syscall numbers.
E.g, write_page() in kernel/power/swsusp.c.

--
~Randy

2004-11-13 23:56:31

by Jan Engelhardt

>> Hi,
>
>> Can anyone tell me the system call number for the function
>> write_swap_page() (in kernel/power/pmdisk.c) as I can't find it in
>> unistd.h.

For all others, see linux/arch/<YOURARCH>/kernel/entry.S

>What kernel version? I don't see what source file in
>2.6.10-rc1-bk23.
>
>There are lots of kernel functions that don't have syscall numbers.
>E.g, write_page() in kernel/power/swsusp.c.

Jan Engelhardt
--
Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
Am Fassberg, 37077 Göttingen, http://www.gwdg.de

2004-11-13 23:59:16

by Måns Rullgård

"Josef E. Galea" <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me the system call number for the function
> write_swap_page() (in kernel/power/pmdisk.c) as I can't find it in
> unistd.h.

What makes you believe that function is a system call in the first
place? It doesn't look like one to me. Hint: system calls have names
prefixed with sys_ (are there any exceptions?).

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

by Randy.Dunlap

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> "Josef E. Galea" <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Can anyone tell me the system call number for the function
>>write_swap_page() (in kernel/power/pmdisk.c) as I can't find it in
>>unistd.h.
>

> What makes you believe that function is a system call in the first
> place? It doesn't look like one to me. Hint: system calls have names
> prefixed with sys_ (are there any exceptions?).

Not that I know of. I changed a few syscall names roughly 1 year
ago so that they begin with sys_xyz (and some that began with
sys_xyz that were not syscalls, I changed those also. :)

--
~Randy

2004-11-14 08:50:26

by Josef E. Galea

Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> Josef E. Galea wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>

>> Can anyone tell me the system call number for the function
>> write_swap_page() (in kernel/power/pmdisk.c) as I can't find it in
>> unistd.h.
>

> What kernel version? I don't see what source file in
> 2.6.10-rc1-bk23.
>
> There are lots of kernel functions that don't have syscall numbers.
> E.g, write_page() in kernel/power/swsusp.c.

Version 2.6.8.1. The mention file can be found at
http://lxr.linux.no/source/kernel/power/pmdisk.c?v=2.6.8.1#L191

Thanks
Josef