2004-03-12 03:51:09

by Kasra Torabi

Subject: SCSI/SG.H and the GPL?!

I'm writing a program including the scsi/sg.h headerfile. I want to release
under GPL but my company policy may prevent me unless there is no way around
it-- does use of this file open my program to the GPL? Any helpful advice is
appreciated... :)

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

2004-03-12 09:16:12

by Måns Rullgård

Subject: Re: SCSI/SG.H and the GPL?!

"Kasra Torabi" <[email protected]> writes:

> I'm writing a program including the scsi/sg.h headerfile. I want to
> release under GPL but my company policy may prevent me unless there is
> no way around it-- does use of this file open my program to the GPL?

Not the way most people see it.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
[email protected]