2004-01-16 18:27:47

by Alexander Markley

Subject: 2.6.1 rocks :)

Hey everyone, I was thinking about it, and I'll bet you guys are getting
quite a few bug reports on 2.6.x, and hardly any compliments in comparison.

Just for the crap of it, I'm emailing in to say that I migrated from
2.4.23 to 2.6.1 last night, and, while it wasn't the smoothest
transition ever, I succeeded, and 2.6.1 has made my desktop speedier
then when running any windows or previous version of linux.

Great job folks - another excellent chapter in the linux saga. :-P

(The ehci-hcd module still locks the kernel immediately tho.) :(

ttyl
--Alex

2004-01-16 18:51:25

by Måns Rullgård

Subject: Re: 2.6.1 rocks :)

Alexander Markley <[email protected]> writes:

> (The ehci-hcd module still locks the kernel immediately tho.) :(

Do submit a proper bug report for that. FWIW, it works well for me.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

by Alexander Markley

>>(The ehci-hcd module still locks the kernel immediately tho.) :(

>Do submit a proper bug report for that. FWIW, it works well for me.

Yeah, I've submitted bugreports regarding this bug a few times. (It's
been broken as long as I can remember.) The general consensus is
basically that my intel-based USB2 hardware is just too buggy or
something. :(

I'll submit it again later tho...

--Alex

2004-01-17 19:18:09

by Måns Rullgård

Alexander Markley <[email protected]> writes:

> >>(The ehci-hcd module still locks the kernel immediately tho.) :(
>
> >Do submit a proper bug report for that. FWIW, it works well for me.
>
> Yeah, I've submitted bugreports regarding this bug a few times. (It's
> been broken as long as I can remember.) The general consensus is
> basically that my intel-based USB2 hardware is just too buggy or
> something. :(

Get a NEC chip based USB2 controller instead.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
[email protected]