2003-11-05 19:04:40

by balaji raghavan

Subject: Pseudo disk interface

Hi,
Is there a some kind of __disk_abstraction__ existent in Linux? I am trying to write a Cryptographic disk driver for linux. But AFAIK, I would have to write a pseudo disk interface viz. some disk abstraction driver. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks.
Balaji Raghavan.

2003-11-05 19:47:56

by Måns Rullgård

Subject: Re: Pseudo disk interface

balaji raghavan <[email protected]> writes:

> Is there a some kind of __disk_abstraction__ existent in Linux? I
> am trying to write a Cryptographic disk driver for linux. But AFAIK, I

There already exists such a driver, at least in Linux 2.6. It's part
of (or at least related to) the loopback driver.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd

by Valdis Klētnieks

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:04:38 PST, balaji raghavan <[email protected]> said:

> Is there a some kind of __disk_abstraction__ existent in Linux? I am
> trying to write a Cryptographic disk driver for linux. But AFAIK, I would have
> to write a pseudo disk interface viz. some disk abstraction driver. Can anyone
> help me on this?

See these:

drivers/block/loop.c
drivers/block/cryptoloop.c