2000-11-30 11:48:24

by Dries van Oosten

Subject: /sbin/route problem with 2.4.0test

I have plowed my way trough the kernel-digest archives, but I couldn't
find an answer, so sorry if it's old news.
I have a machine running 2.4.0test8 and /sbin/route refuses to work. It
only prints the table headers and then nothing happens. I can stop it with
ctrl-c, but the actual routing table is not printed. I don't know much
about the changes between 2.2 and 2.4, so I looked up the routing table
struct in include/net/route.h. At first I thought the table remained the
same, because they were the same version. One closer inspection I found
that the entry inet_peer had been added to the rtable struct. Can this be
the cause of my problem with the route utility?
If so? What's the fix?

thanks for your patience,
Dries van Oosten

2000-11-30 12:00:59

by Hinderling, Anselm

> I have plowed my way trough the kernel-digest archives, but I couldn't
> find an answer, so sorry if it's old news.
> I have a machine running 2.4.0test8 and /sbin/route refuses to work. It
> only prints the table headers and then nothing happens. I can stop it with
> ctrl-c, but the actual routing table is not printed. I don't know much
> about the changes between 2.2 and 2.4, so I looked up the routing table
> struct in include/net/route.h. At first I thought the table remained the
> same, because they were the same version. One closer inspection I found
> that the entry inet_peer had been added to the rtable struct. Can this be
> the cause of my problem with the route utility?
> If so? What's the fix?

have you ever tried "/sbin/route -n" (or even --help ;-)?

> thanks for your patience,
> Dries van Oosten

anselm.