2009-06-02 12:35:50

by Benjamin Vasanthakumar J

Subject: Bluetooth Headset not working with Linux2.6.28 ubuntu Intrepid

Dear All,

I have a Bluetooth headset that support HSP. I am trying to make it work
on the Ubuntu linux Intrepid version.
I am facing issue of the BT headset stops working after few seconds but
after that btsco application hangs and even
after killing the application I could see that lot of SCO packets
activity(confirmed using hcidump utility).

*Bluez version available on the ubuntu is 4.12*

_*Steps followed:*_
i) installed all the required bluetooth packages available for the
Intrepid linux
ii) install bluetooth alsa driver
insmod snd-bt-sco.ko

snd-bt-sco we are got from the Bluetooth alsa site as follows:

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/btsco login
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/btsco co btsco

When tried to compile with the 2.6.28 kernel it returned driver.h is depreceated, we removed the header file entry
in the sourcecode and commented two or three lines which had snd-assert api which is not available in the linux-2.6.28 alsa.

*I would like to know where I can get the latest version of the snd-bt-sco driver.*

iii) connect to the audio headset using the
btsco -v <BTADDR>

iv) after performing the above we could see a soundcard entry in the
/proc/asound/cards

v) aplay -D btheadset -f s16_le /usr/share/sounds/login.wav

After the v) step we could here a sound and after few seconds the audio
cuts off.

Please advice how to troubleshoot and fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Benjamin

2009-06-05 16:16:15

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Benjamin,

I was not joking with the fact that top-posting is not allowed on this
mailing list. Don't do it.

> Thanks Marcel for the clarifications to my queries.
>
> Yes I will try using the bluetoothd. Is there any instructions
> available with the Bluez doc on enabling the plugins for the
> bluetoothd?

It is enabled by default.

Regards

Marcel

2009-06-05 16:12:51

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> no top posting on the mailing list. This is a requirement and not a
> recommendation.
>

>> Can anyone tell whether snd-bt-sco driver and the btsco application are
>> still supported in the Linux 2.6.28 and Bluez latest versions?
>>

> They haven't been supported for over 3 years. And most likely will not
> work or crash your system.
>

>> Which are the required ALSA driver for the Bluetooth audio to work?
>>

> The bluetoothd comes with plugins for ALSA and GStreamer and PulseAudio
> has a native plugin, too.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2009-06-05 15:21:36

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Benjamin,

no top posting on the mailing list. This is a requirement and not a
recommendation.

> Can anyone tell whether snd-bt-sco driver and the btsco application are
> still supported in the Linux 2.6.28 and Bluez latest versions?

They haven't been supported for over 3 years. And most likely will not
work or crash your system.

> Which are the required ALSA driver for the Bluetooth audio to work?

The bluetoothd comes with plugins for ALSA and GStreamer and PulseAudio
has a native plugin, too.

Regards

Marcel

2009-06-05 15:13:44