2011-09-09 18:22:30

by Glenn Phillips

Subject: Re: Logitec MX5500 Bluetooth Version mismatch causing non-connectivity, workaround found

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Glenn Phillips
<[email protected]> wrote:

Hello, I have recently become aware of and have since experienced
some issues with my Logitec MX 5500 BT Kb/mouse combo. After some
recent updates to my Sabayon linux(gentoo) system I have been unable
to use my Keyboard without modifying my udev rules.
I have generated a bug report on our bugzilla already here:
http://bugs.sabayon.org/process_bug.cgi

Link to /var/log/messages output http://pastebin.sabayon.org/pastie/7014
and link to my workaround:

However I do not believe this is a good solution as this may break
other Logitec devices that rely on bluetooth functionality rather than
being able to fall back on usb only.

current version of bluez - 4.96-r1
previous working version - 4.93

Thank you

2011-09-09 20:11:32

by Peter Hurley

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 15:10 -0400, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> El vie, 09-09-2011 a las 11:22 -0700, Glenn Phillips escribi?:
> > On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Glenn Phillips
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I have recently become aware of and have since experienced
> > some issues with my Logitec MX 5500 BT Kb/mouse combo. After some
> > recent updates to my Sabayon linux(gentoo) system I have been unable
> > to use my Keyboard without modifying my udev rules.
> > I have generated a bug report on our bugzilla already here:
> > http://bugs.sabayon.org/process_bug.cgi
> >
> > Link to /var/log/messages output http://pastebin.sabayon.org/pastie/7014
> > and link to my workaround:
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1466806.html
> >
> > However I do not believe this is a good solution as this may break
> > other Logitec devices that rely on bluetooth functionality rather than
> > being able to fall back on usb only.
> >
> > current version of bluez - 4.96-r1
> > previous working version - 4.93
> >
> > Thank you
> > --
> > the body of a message to [email protected]
> >

> Looks like:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/658471
>
> summarizes your problem

Hi Pacho,
I think Glenn means that he doesn't want to enable HCI mode. See my
earlier post here
http://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=130713595419913&w=2

Hi Glenn,
The link you posted to sabayon.org is cookie-specific. Please repost
with a usable link.

The workaround you found on ubuntuforums.org is bogus. Until something
more suitable is found, if you don't want to run Bluetooth uninstall
bluez.

Regards,
Peter Hurley

2011-09-09 19:10:45