2012-01-04 21:59:16

by Francisco Ramos

Subject: About needing to run "udevadm trigger" to get bluetooth adapter detected at boot

Hello

I would like to know why do we need to run things like:
udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=bluetooth --action=add

or even simpler:
udevadm trigger

Manually or using a "bluetooth" init.d script to simply run that or,
otherwise, bluetooth adapter is not detected. Reading OpenSuSE Changelog
in their bluez package seems that this is caused because dbus needs to
be running to get it detected. In that case, I would like to know why
only bluez looks to be affected by this problem and, also, know if there
is another way to workaround (or fix) this issue than needing to add a
bluez init.d script to simply run this

Thanks a lot

2012-01-04 22:11:46

by Francisco Ramos