2012-03-18 04:19:03

by Maxim Levitsky

Subject: bluez doesn't handle hotplug well

Recently I began using Bluetooth, and I noticed that it sometimes
doesn't work after suspend to ram.

It turns out to be 100% reproduciable and not related to ether bluetooth
dongle (tested 2 of them) nor related to KDE/Gnome - happens in both,
and nether its related to actual suspend.

To reproduce, I just start bluetoothd, then:
1. I plug the dongle, its recognized (or start bluetoothd after I plug
it, doesn't matter)

2. I unplug it.
3. I plug it again, and it is recognized again
4. I unplug it.
5. I plug it, and it doesn't work.

Reproducible, always, tested many times.
restarting bluetoothd fixes the problem until, I repeat the above.

bluetoothd log attached.
I am (still) using ubuntu 12.04.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

Attachments:
log (42.12 kB)

2012-03-19 23:40:04

by Maxim Levitsky

Subject: Re: bluez doesn't handle hotplug well

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 06:19 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> Recently I began using Bluetooth, and I noticed that it sometimes
> doesn't work after suspend to ram.
>
> It turns out to be 100% reproduciable and not related to ether bluetooth
> dongle (tested 2 of them) nor related to KDE/Gnome - happens in both,
> and nether its related to actual suspend.
>
> To reproduce, I just start bluetoothd, then:
> 1. I plug the dongle, its recognized (or start bluetoothd after I plug
> it, doesn't matter)
>
> 2. I unplug it.
> 3. I plug it again, and it is recognized again
> 4. I unplug it.
> 5. I plug it, and it doesn't work.
>
> Reproducible, always, tested many times.
> restarting bluetoothd fixes the problem until, I repeat the above.
>
> bluetoothd log attached.
> I am (still) using ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Best regards,
> Maxim Levitsky