2012-12-30 14:35:36

by Pacho Ramos

Subject: bluez-5.0 dropped --with-ouifile=PATH

That option is needed on Gentoo to let it catch oui.txt file present
on /usr/share/misc/oui.txt, could it be re-added to prevent us from
needing to sed src/oui.c looking for that file in our location?

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
signature.asc (198.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2012-12-30 20:12:40

by Pacho Ramos

Subject: Re: bluez-5.0 dropped --with-ouifile=PATH

El dom, 30-12-2012 a las 12:05 -0800, Marcel Holtmann escribió:
> Hi Pacho,

> > > or you build against a recent version of udev that comes with hwdb
> > > support. Then it will actually start using the efficient version of
> > > reading the OUI values from this file.
> > >
> > > There is no plan to keep support for oui.txt for very long. It is still
> > > supported as transition period, but that is about it.
> >
> > And what is replacing oui.txt? udev directly?
>
> as I said above, udev's hwdb. Check udevadm hwdb for a command line
> example too. Also src/oui.c is pretty obvious in that regard.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

OK, thanks

Attachments:
signature.asc (198.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2012-12-30 20:05:40

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pacho,

> > > That option is needed on Gentoo to let it catch oui.txt file present
> > > on /usr/share/misc/oui.txt, could it be re-added to prevent us from
> > > needing to sed src/oui.c looking for that file in our location?
> >
> > or you build against a recent version of udev that comes with hwdb
> > support. Then it will actually start using the efficient version of
> > reading the OUI values from this file.
> >
> > There is no plan to keep support for oui.txt for very long. It is still
> > supported as transition period, but that is about it.
>
> And what is replacing oui.txt? udev directly?

as I said above, udev's hwdb. Check udevadm hwdb for a command line
example too. Also src/oui.c is pretty obvious in that regard.

Regards

Marcel

2012-12-30 19:58:17

by Pacho Ramos

El dom, 30-12-2012 a las 10:43 -0800, Marcel Holtmann escribió:
> Hi Pacho,
>
> > That option is needed on Gentoo to let it catch oui.txt file present
> > on /usr/share/misc/oui.txt, could it be re-added to prevent us from
> > needing to sed src/oui.c looking for that file in our location?
>
> or you build against a recent version of udev that comes with hwdb
> support. Then it will actually start using the efficient version of
> reading the OUI values from this file.
>
> There is no plan to keep support for oui.txt for very long. It is still
> supported as transition period, but that is about it.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

And what is replacing oui.txt? udev directly?

Attachments:
signature.asc (198.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2012-12-30 18:43:03