2016-06-18 09:23:02

by Alexander Aring

Subject: linux-wpan radvd upstream

Hi wpan and bluetooth people,

Please review dev branch [0]. The important commit is the rework of the 6CO
support which is used by Bluetooth and 802.15.4 6LoWPAN.

Jukka, tell me if support for a common userspace application to sending
RA frames is okay for you.

I like to send a push request the next days to radvd repository.

btw:

We have now the layer for ndisc stuff and could think about to handle
6CO in userspace.

NOT the sending transmit of RA + 6CO, this isn't kernel job, but processing
RA frames with 6CO could be moved to kernel. The kernel take care for
context table only (overwrites by administration should always possible).

Anyway, I think we can still change it later if we want to move the
handling into kernelspace.

- Alex

[0] https://github.com/linux-wpan/radvd/commits/6lowpan

2016-06-20 06:58:46

by Jukka Rissanen

Subject: Re: linux-wpan radvd upstream

Hi Alex,

On Sat, 2016-06-18 at 11:23 +0200, Alexander Aring wrote:
> Hi wpan and bluetooth people,
>
> Please review dev branch [0]. The important commit is the rework of
> the 6CO
> support which is used by Bluetooth and 802.15.4 6LoWPAN.
>
> Jukka, tell me if support for a common userspace application to
> sending
> RA frames is okay for you.

Yes, I am ok with that. It would be really great to have 6co support in
radvd.

> I like to send a push request the next days to radvd repository.
>
> btw:
>
> We have now the layer for ndisc stuff and could think about to handle
> 6CO in userspace.
>
> NOT the sending transmit of RA + 6CO, this isn't kernel job, but
> processing
> RA frames with 6CO could be moved to kernel. The kernel take care for
> context table only (overwrites by administration should always
> possible).
>
> Anyway, I think we can still change it later if we want to move the
> handling into kernelspace.
>
> - Alex
>
> [0] https://github.com/linux-wpan/radvd/commits/6lowpan

Cheers,