2016-11-30 04:51:43

by Cameron Gutman

Subject: Continuing the Xbox One Bluetooth controller debugging

Hi,

I'm interesting in continuing the debugging of the Xbox One S
controller's issues with the BlueZ stack (original report [0]).
I confirmed the issue still affects v4.9-rc7. I've also tried
Vinicius's patch from [1] applied on v4.9-rc7 without success.

The controller is updated with the latest firmware and connects
reliably to (at least) macOS Sierra, Windows 10 14393, Android
6.0.1, 7.0, and 7.1.1 (including devices using 3.10 and 3.18
based kernels).

I'm happy to collect logs, test other patches, etc.

Regards,
Cameron

[0]: https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=147151539332595&w=2
[1]: https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=147204738628234&w=2

2016-12-01 05:01:59

by Cameron Gutman

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 16:54 +0200, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Anthony Bourguignon
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Le mardi 29 novembre 2016 à 20:51 -0800, Cameron Gutman a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm interesting in continuing the debugging of the Xbox One S
> > > controller's issues with the BlueZ stack (original report [0]).
> > > I confirmed the issue still affects v4.9-rc7. I've also tried
> > > Vinicius's patch from [1] applied on v4.9-rc7 without success.
> > >
> > > The controller is updated with the latest firmware and connects
> > > reliably to (at least) macOS Sierra, Windows 10 14393, Android
> > > 6.0.1, 7.0, and 7.1.1 (including devices using 3.10 and 3.18
> > > based kernels).
> > >
> > > I'm happy to collect logs, test other patches, etc.
> >
> > Steam has made a patch referencing the xbox one S controller :
> > https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steamlink-sdk/commit/d6afa93787217
> > 033a0f0f5db5f557b252c36260e#diff-
> > 45ba5a41f43606276c9bf9018eed43c2
> >
> > You should check this.
>
> That is a big hammer, instead I was thinking in just ignoring the
> Unknown option since basic mode is default, so please check with the
> following patch.

No dice. I think ignoring it won't work because it's the controller
itself initiating the disconnect. Attached an hcidump log with the
patch applied and another with disable_ertm set to 1.

Attachments:
hcidump-patch2.txt (4.71 kB)
hcidump-disable_ertm.txt (7.58 kB)

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Attachments:
0001-Bluetooth-L2CAP-Ignore-Unknown-option-error-for-basi.patch (1.28 kB)

2016-11-30 09:42:51

by Anthony Bourguignon