2019-02-25 08:04:31

by Edward Jo

Subject: Does BlueZ support the LE only controller which does not have BR/EDR?

Hi,

I use CSR chip that support dual mode as LE mode by setting
'ControllerMode' in main.conf to 'le'. I'd like to use LE only chip
which does not have BR/EDR.

Does BlueZ support the LE only controller which does not have BR/EDR?

Thank you!

2019-02-25 09:12:11

by Szymon Janc

Hello Edward,

On Monday, 25 February 2019 09:04:17 CET Edward Jo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use CSR chip that support dual mode as LE mode by setting
> 'ControllerMode' in main.conf to 'le'. I'd like to use LE only chip
> which does not have BR/EDR.
>
> Does BlueZ support the LE only controller which does not have BR/EDR?

Yes it does (I'm using it with nRF52 based controllers running either Apache
Mynew or Zephyr). Also, starting 5.44 it also supports LE-only controllers
that come without public address - bluetoothd will assign static random
address in such case.

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

2019-02-26 14:57:51

by Edward Jo

Hi Szymon,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 6:12 PM Szymon Janc <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Edward,
>
> On Monday, 25 February 2019 09:04:17 CET Edward Jo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use CSR chip that support dual mode as LE mode by setting
> > 'ControllerMode' in main.conf to 'le'. I'd like to use LE only chip
> > which does not have BR/EDR.
> >
> > Does BlueZ support the LE only controller which does not have BR/EDR?
>
> Yes it does (I'm using it with nRF52 based controllers running either Apache
> Mynew or Zephyr). Also, starting 5.44 it also supports LE-only controllers
> that come without public address - bluetoothd will assign static random
> address in such case.
>
> --
> pozdrawiam
> Szymon Janc